Thursday, April 21, 2011

Food and Exercise Log 4

Aww man.  I had big plans for today.  Unfortunately when babies get sick life takes over and we're left with doing the best we can (which isn't always great).
I didn't get to work out and I spent most of the day caring for a sick little one.  I got in about 50 ounces of water so totally bombed there.  But on to what I did eat.
For breakfast I had my usual coffee with organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk and sugar free vanilla creamer.  Fresh squeezed orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime juice (grapefruits were on sale for 11 cents a piece this week) and three egg whites topped with sauteed mushrooms, asparagus and spinach.  210 Calories
 Then for lunch I had my "Green Juice", which is fresh apple and carrot juice with a scoop of Garden of Life Raw Green Super Food Powder, 1 tsp Spirulina and 1 serving TRI-Cleanse powder.  Just so there's no confusion this stuff is nasty.  I have to hold my noise to drink it and my oldest son calls it swamp water.  However, it's super good for me so I do it.  Honestly, it wouldn't be bad if it didn't have Spirulina in it, but it's one of those amazing super foods so I add it in there.  I also had a small Ezekiel Sprouted Tortilla with fresh lettuce from my garden, spread with a wedge of laughing cow light swiss cheese, and a Morning Star Tomato Basil Veggie Burger.  It was super good.  Oh and I had a little side of blueberries.  430 Calories.
Now on to dinner.  This is where things kind of fell apart.  We had a meeting at church and I had planned to eat before I went so that I wouldn't have to eat what they were serving there.  However because of the sick little one I didn't get a chance to eat prior to going to the meeting.  I dropped the kids off at my parents and headed to church thinking that I would just wait and eat something healthy when I got home.  Ummm yeah, I'm still not ready to have to make the choice to stay away from unhealthy foods.  I was starving and ended up eating what they were serving.  I had a small croissant with chicken salad (it actually was pretty small), a wedge of watermelon, a large strawberry and a bunch of grapes, a small bag of Lays potato chips and a Dr. Pepper.  Yep, there you have it my friends.  Chips and a Dr. Pepper and mayo laden chicken salad.  Ugh.  I don't know how many calories I consumed.  The one thing I can say is that it was a good lesson for me.  I'm not ready to have to make a choice on food.  Now I know that I absolutely must eat before I go to things like this and bring my water bottle.  Lesson learned.
I'm hoping tomorrow is better.  I know I'll make better food choices, but with the baby being sick I'm not sure how my work out will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)