Monday, August 1, 2011

Silly Kids and Running Again

Oh boy did I have some yummy oatmeal this morning! I may have found my favorite way to make oatmeal. I used steel cut oats and cooked them according to the package directions (sort of). It said to bring the water to a boil and add the oats and stir until it thickened then let it simmer of 30 minutes. Well, I boiled the water, added the oats and stirred them, waited a little while for them to thicken, but never really saw that happen. So I turned it down to simmer and set the timer or 30 minutes. About 10 minutes later they were done. I guess I didn't turn it down far enough, but they were really good just like that and took way less time than I thought they would, so I'm not complaining. I added about two tablespoons of nonfat vanilla yogurt and some slivered almonds to it. It was perfect.

After breakfast we took the hubster to work (oh how I can't wait for him to get a car, hopefully that will be happening soon).  When we got there my 3 of my 4 kids climbed into the wall and told me to take a picture and put it on my blog.  They're so stinkin' silly!  So, to honor my word, here you go...three monkey boys.


I decided to stick with what I said in my post the other day about doing the Couch to 5K program anytime I get to the gym.  I did the first week training again since it had been so long since I did it before.  Here are my results....yep, I'm slow.  But hey, at least I'm doing it!  I'll get better.  I'm one step closer to reaching my goal.

Then we came home and I had my favorite salad. Egg over easy with paprika, over spinach and arugula tossed with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, along with some goat cheese and sunflower kernels.  I think I could eat this a couple of times a week and not get sick of it.  It's that good.

Okay, don't get jealous, but my dinner was amazing!  Seriously, amazing.  I made Kale Chips and followed this recipe from Kath Eats Real Food.  Then we had Italian Sausage and Goat Cheese Portobello Pizzas that I found here on Get Healthy With Heather.  Oh my goodness, put aside the fact that I have a crazy love affair going on with goat cheese right now, trust me when I say these Portobello Pizzas are the bees knees.  I definitely see these little beauties being added to dinner rotation on a regular basis.  Everyone loved them (even those three crazy monkey boys in the picture above).  The kale chips were outstanding too.  One monkey in particular even asked if I could put them in lunches for school.  That's a success in my book.

In other breaking news....after way too long having a dead battery that wouldn't recharge, my Roomba is back in action!  I'm in no vacuuming heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)