Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm Taking a Supplement

I'm not a big supplement taker. Mainly because I don't want to take something I haven't researched and then just end up putting more crap in my body.  I don't really have a lot of time for research.  Multi-vitamins are about as much of a supplement as I get.  When I was pregnant I also took an iron supplement, but that's it.  However, four years ago when I first lost weight I read about Conjugated Linoleic Acid or CLA in Tosca Reno's book, The Eat Clean Diet.  She wrote, "it is used to promote fat loss and growth of lean muscle tissue.  It is highly effective in assisting with weight loss and seems capable of changing your body composition."  That sounded pretty good to me!  However, I researched it a little and found out that you shouldn't take CLA when you're nursing because it can be passed to the baby and you don't want your baby losing fat.  So, I put it off and got pregnant again and then nursed again and now I'm finally to a point where I can take it. 
Now, please hear me when I say this.  I do not believe for one single minute that CLA is a miracle supplement that is going to melt the fat off my middle, butt and thighs and give me long sleek muscles.  I do think that it might help get that process moving a little faster if I'm doing the workouts and eating right as well.  So, I just started taking CLA yesterday.  I take one pill with every meal.  We'll see what happens.
What about you?  Are there any supplements that you're taking?  Anything that you swear by?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)