Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rewarding My Efforts

I've been trying to make healthy choices. Over all I'm doing pretty good. I'm not perfect, but I'm not expecting perfection so it's okay.  There are days when I take a step and move forward, like when my only option is Chick-fil-a and as much as I want a regular chicken sandwich and waffle fries and a Dr. Pepper, I order a grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun with a side of fruit and a Coke Zero.  Days when I make a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Then there are days when I take a step and move back, like eating a big bowl of Frosted Mini-Wheats for dinner when my husband and kids are out.  And there days when I take a step and fall flat on my face, like ordering the fried chicken sandwich and fries and Dr. Pepper.  But, I always get back up and keep going.  Step after step after step.
So, to celebrate my steps forward I decided to get some super cool feathers in my hair.  My dad asked if I was getting in touch with my inner hippie : )  Anyway, I love them and get compliments on them all the time.  I'm learning that rewards don't have to be food.  There are all kinds of great things you can reward yourself with.  Fun nail polish (or if you've done super good then go get yourself a real live manicure or pedicure and sit in one of those fancy smancy vibrating chairs!), new clothes, sweet new haircut, or new hair feathers.  Go on reward yourself for good choices and good behavior!  You deserve it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)