Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Easiest Vegetarian Tacos Ever!

So, this may be the easiest vegetarian taco recipe ever.  This mom of 4 is always looking for easy and quick recipes AND if I'm correct the taco filling that you're going to make has about 70 calories per serving. So, score!

First you take a bag of frozen meatless crumbles (I use the Boca brand), jar of black beans, and a container of Pico de Gallo (I like the fresh stuff from my local grocery store and you can use any heat you want depending on how hot you want it...my kids like mild  : )
See... here's the awesome Pico!
Toss the meatless crumbles in the pan and cook.  Then toss in the black beans and cook until they're heated through.
Then add the container of Pico and cook again until heated through.
Then if you're truly blessed stick the mixture in a freshly made wheat tortilla (my grocery store makes these in the store and they're fantastic!).
Roll it up with some fat free sour cream, lettuce and extra cilantro.  So stinkin' yummy!

Easiest Vegetarian Tacos Ever

1 Bag Frozen Meatless Crumbles
1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 Container fresh Pico de Gallo (choose your spicy level)

Cook meatless crumbles according to package directions, add black beans and cook until heated through (about 2 minutes), add pico de gallo and cook until heated through (about another two minutes).
Serve with warm tortillas, fat free sour cream, lettuce, and chopped cilantro.

Makes 10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)