Thursday, September 22, 2011

Doing Things I Want to Do

Oh man, yesterday was a doozy! Four out of six of us were sick. There was lots of throw up going on and it was nasty. I have one little one that never seemed able to make it to the toilet. It was not fun. However, today has been much better. It must have been some weird 12 hour bug.

So, I wasn't just sitting around the past couple of weeks while not blogging. I actually did a couple of things that I've really been wanting to do for a while. I decided that my birthday was as good a reason as any do some things just for me. The first thing I did was get my hair dyed. And this wasn't just any dye job. It's purple! Well, not all of it is purple.  Just the tips.  I've been wanting to do a fun color in my hair for at least a year, but couldn't decide what I wanted.  Then I started seeing all these pictures of people with their hair "dipped" in a fun new color and I knew that's what I wanted.   So, I went to my hair dresser and she did the top my natural brown (maybe a little darker than natural) and then did the bottom purple.  It's really hard to tell in this picture, but trust me it looks super cool.  I love it.  If you're in the Austin area and your looking for a great place to get your hair done make sure you check out The Parlor Salon in Georgetown.  Faith is amazing! 
The next thing I did was get my nose pierced.  Again, I've been wanting to get this done a while, but was scared of the pain.  Then one of my friends got hers done and it looked great and she said it didn't hurt at all.  I didn't really believe her, but thought I might as well suck it up and go ahead and do it.  I did a lot of research and found the perfect place and the perfect piercer.  My friend was right.  It didn't hurt at all.  It was over so quickly and I've had no trouble with it.  Colleen at Diablo Rojo in Austin is fantastic.

One of the reasons that I had been putting of doing two things that I really wanted to do was because of my weight.  I kept telling myself that I'd get them done when I lost the weight and was proud of how I looked and could sport colored hair and a nose ring with confidence.  But you know what I've decided?  I am proud of myself right now!  I may not be happy with the number on the scale, but that only makes up a part of who I am.  There's a lot more to me than what I weigh.  I'm a really good mom and wife and I think I'm good friend too.  Overall, I'm a pretty cool person.  Putting off things that would really make me happy just because one area of my life isn't where I want it to be is ridiculous.  I don't deserve to treat myself badly just because I'm overweight.  So, you may be seeing a lot more fun things I do for me on this blog.  It's still a weight loss journey blog, but this is part of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)