Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm Still Working On It

Oh my goodness.  How has it been so long since I've posted?  It's just been crazy around here! 
Let's see....my two big kids started school and the schedule is about to kill all of us.  Seriously.  I have to get myself and the big boys up by 6:30 to get them to school by 7:20.  I'm not kidding when I tell you that every single morning when I wake my 6 year old up he rolls over and looks at me and says "Are you kidding me?!"  We're miserable.  We're not morning people.  Not.At.All.  The good thing about school is that I'm getting to spend some precious time with my two littler ones.  Time that often was interrupted when the big boys were at home.  I may have been designated as the coolest mom ever when I brought the boys sushi to school for lunch recently.  I'm just sayin'.
See Wyatt's little friend in the background eating his white bread sandwich while Wyatt chows on Sushi?  It was pretty funny.

Oh and let's not forget that after one week of school and the new awful schedule my sweet hubster had to go out of town for a week for work.  Umm...not just out of town, but to Washington D.C., my favorite place on earth.  And he didn't just go without me (thanks to the having two kids in school that can't go on vacation during school time), but he went on my birthday.  My 35th birthday.  Crap I tell you.  Crap.  Okay, so I was glad he got to go.  He was the keynote speaker to like 2000 people at a conference.  I just wish I could have been there with him instead of at home, getting kids up, putting them to bed, and cleaning up guinea pig poop.

I've been exercising like mad though.  I think I've hit the gym 5 days a week for the past three weeks.  That's been sweet.  I'm even doing weight training along with my cardio.  I've been having some heel trouble, so I haven't been running my Couch to 5K program, but I've been hitting the elliptical and bike pretty hard.

There are days that I'm still struggling with my food intake, but I'm really trying.  I'm hoping to see some payoffs of all my hard work in the near future.

Oh, I have a new recipe that's incredibly simple to share with you.  I'll do that Monday.  I promise I'll be back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)