Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Vegetarian Taco Soup

Are you ready for one of my most favorite, easy and low calorie recipes ever? One cold nights when you've been rushing around all day and don't have time to get a healthy meal on the table, don't worry. I have just the meal for you! Vegetarian Taco Soup. It's the bomb. Everyone in my family loves it, including my meat loving hubs. This recipe makes 9 servings (1 Cup per serving) and each serving is only 212 calories! I add fat free sour cream, fat free cheddar cheese and a few of my favorite tortilla chips and I'm still only at 377 calories. That's great for a wonderful filling dinner.

So, here's how to make this wonderful soup.  First, grab all your ingredient, meatless crumbles (I usually use the Boca Brand, but the Morning Star brand was on sale so I used that instead and it was great), corn, black beans, ranch style beans, enchilada sauce, chopped diced tomatoes (I use the petite diced tomatoes, but you could also use regular sized), rotel, ranch mix, cumin, chili powder (instead of the chili powder and cumin you could also use a packet of taco seasoning...I was just out of that).   Oh, one other thing, I use all mild options (rotel, enchilada sauce, but you could use any heat you want...I just have to feed four little boys and anything too hot isn't going to work).
Cook the crumbles, add the seasonings, add everything else, heat until it's nice and hot, and then put it in a bowl.
If you're feeling frisky pick up some of your favorite tortilla chips...mine are the Tia Rosa Megathin kind.  YUM.
Then add a dollop of sour cream, a little cheese and a few of the chips and enjoy!

Easy Vegetarian Taco Soup

Meatless Crumbles
Ranch Seasoning Packet
1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
1 tablespoon Chili Powder
1 Can Red Enchilada Sauce
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Rotel
1 Can Corn, drained
1 Can Ranch Style Beans
1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed

Optional toppings:  tortilla chips, sour cream (fat free or low fat), and shredded cheese (low fat or fat free)

In a large pot cook meatless crumbles per package directions, add seasonings and combine.  Add the rest of the ingredients and heat on medium/high until bubbling and heated through.  Serve in a bowl with toppings.
 Again, 1 serving is 1 cup.  This should make 9 servings at 212 calories a cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)