Thursday, January 12, 2012

Encouraging My Husband and Counting Calories

So, one of my new years resolutions was to encourage my husband more.  I am so thankful for all he does for our family, but I know I don't let him know how much I appreciate him nearly enough.  I decided that this year I would be consistent in showing him my gratitude and appreciation.  I've been sending him texts throughout the day just to let him know I'm thinking about him, love him, miss him, etc.  I've also been making sure to have his favorite drink ready with dinner (since I usually only drink water sometimes it's easy to forget to make his stuff), making sure he's got clean clothes, you know just stuff that makes him feel good.  Well, he doesn't read my blog, which is totally fine with me.  So, he had no idea that this is one of my resolutions, but I can tell that he's noticing.  His moods when he gets home have been a lot better (usually he's just really tired and wants to go unwind in a room alone, but now he's coming home and hanging out with us).  He's been super affectionate towards me and the other day he stopped on his way home and picked up a little something for me.
The Adele 21 album!!!!  I was so excited.  I've been wanting this cd for a while, but we're trying to be wise with our money and so I haven't bought it.  It meant so much to me that he got this for me.  It was encouraging to me because it meant that he was thinking of me during the day while he was away.  I didn't resolve to encourage him more so that he would do things for me, but this sure was nice : )

In health/fitness related news, I've decided to start counting calories again.  I haven't done this in a while, but I realized that I really have no idea how many calories I'm actually eating each day.  When I lost the 75 pounds 4 years ago I counted everything.  So, I know that, for me, in order to see the numbers on the scale getting smaller I need to do it again.  It's a pain to figure everything out, but in the long run it's totally worth it.  Counting calories also really helps me be conscience of what I'm eating and not just randomly eat through out the day.  I think it's gonna be a good thing.

Speaking of calories (and because I just want to share the pictures), we consumed some extra calories last night in honor of the littlest man's birthday.





Isn't he just the cutest thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)