Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Food and Exercise Log 14

Today I started my morning with coffee with unsweetened organic vanilla almond milk.  I didn't have anything else for breakfast.  Not a good start : (
For lunch I had some left overs from our picnic on Sunday.  Edamame Salad, Greek Orzo Salad and Strawberries and Blueberries.




After lunch we celebrated that the boys were done with school for the year.  Woohoo!!  Unfortunately the boys decided they wanted to celebrate with chocolate milkshakes.  So, we picked up milkshakes.  Yummo, but not a great choice on my part. 
Oh well.  Moving on.
For dinner I had some super yummy grilled chicken and roasted beets.  I've never had beets before, but they were so pretty at the farmer's market on Saturday so I picked some up.  The chicken was fantastic (I had marinated it in a garlic molasses marinade), but the beets were just so-so.  I think they just needed something more.  I got the recipe out of a healthy cookbook that I have.  First I cut the tops and roots off.  Then I drizzled olive oil on them and then sprinkled them with some garlic, covered them in foil and roasted them for about an hour.  Once they were done cooking  I peeled them, cut them up and put them on the plate.  That was it and they really needed something else.  I'm not giving up on the beautiful beet.  I just need to find some better recipes.



On the pan ready to be cooked

 After roasting, cut up.  Aren't they pretty?  Seriously, who knew a food could be so pretty?  I kind of want to decorate my kitchen in these colors.
 On the plate...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)