Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Greek Quinoa Salad

I've been enjoying this little salad recently. I found recipe in a magazine that looked good and then made it my own and I have to say it was fabulous.
So if you want to try it for yourself go right ahead. I hope you like it. The flavors are strong and even more so the next day, but that's just perfect for me.

Greek Quinoa Salad

Ingredients
1 Cup quinoa rinsed well and drained
2 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
1/2 red onion diced
3 TBSP olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 clove garlic passed thru a garlic press
Fat Free Feta Cheese
Kalamata Olives
Cherry Tomatoes
Chives

Directions
Bring quinoa to boil in 2 cups water and then reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed.  Meanwhile in a small bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.  Once quinoa is cooked spread it into an even layer on a baking sheet and put it in the freezer to cool down (about 10-15 minutes should do the trick)  Once cooled combine quinoa, chicken and onion in a large boil then add oil/lemon mix and toss.  Finally add the rest of the ingredients (use as much as you like here).  I used a small container of the feta, a small container of olives and about 10-12 cherry tomatoes and a handful of chives.  Nothing exact here.  Then just gently toss it all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)