Sunday, May 15, 2011

Salmon and Roasted Turnip Puree

I told you guys I was going to do something incredible with those beautiful turnips that I got at the farmer's market this morning.  And oh boy did I!  I'd like to take all the credit for what I made with those beautiful turnips, but I can't take the credit.  The credit for the roasted turnip puree belongs to Beth and you'll find the recipe here.  Now I'll admit.  I've never had a turnip, not roasted, pureed or any other way.  I didn't really know what to expect.  I mean turnips tend to get a bad rap.  Who really wants to eat a turnip anyway?  But Beth peaked my interested and I decided to give them a try.  Oh.my.word.  I'm so glad I did.  First, they were so easy to prepare.  I just followed Beth's instructions and whipped them right up.  Ease is always a major plus for me.  For the salmon I just brushed a little olive oil on it and put some salt and pepper on it and threw it in the oven about half way through the cooking of the turnips.  I guess I cooked it about 20 minutes (until it was flaky).  Then I made the mustard vinaigrette.  Beth said she had a mustard vinaigrette with her fish and turnips.  I don't know her recipe so I just made up my own.   I just whisked together some Dijon mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a little honey.  I just added a little here and a little there until I liked the way it tasted.  Once everything was done I drizzled the vinaigrette on top of everything.  It was all fantastic.  If you haven't tried turnips then I suggest you give them a try.  You'll love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)