Sunday, May 8, 2011

Yummy Zucchini Burgers!!

I have a plethora of zucchini growing in my garden right now.   Luckily for me I ran across this recipe on Beth's Blog the other day.  I followed the recipe except for one thing.  Beth mentioned that the original burger that she was copying had bell peppers in it.  I had a jar of roasted red peppers so I rinsed one, patted it dry with a paper towel, and chopped that little baby up.  Then I just added it in with the other veggies.  I think you could also use fresh bell peppers (which I'm hoping will be ready in my garden in a couple of weeks) and it would give a little bit of crunch.  The feta gave them a little zing that was just right. They were super yummy.  Another bonus is that they're super easy to make.  You don't have to precook any of the veggies.  Just grate, chop and mix and you're ready to go.  I fed them to my family for dinner over Organic Spring Mix Lettuce with a side of apples and grapes.  Everyone loved them.  Even my meat eating husband thought they were great.  Now, I'm not going to say he promised to give up meat and eat zucchini burgers for all eternity, but he did say they were good and he'd eat them again.  So head to your garden, farmers market, or local grocery and pick up some fresh zucchini and the rest of the ingredients and whip these bad boys up.  You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. Your version looks delish! I'm glad they turned out good with the roasted red peppers... I definitely would have added some if I had them on hand!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)