Monday, April 18, 2011

Food and Exercise Log 1

First, sorry for the crummy pictures in this blog post. I used my phone and it just didn't quite cut it.
Okay, now on to the good stuff.
I started the day like I do everyday and weighed myself.  Ugh the agony, but I do it.  It motivates me.  So the number was (drum roll please)....186.6.  Not really worthy of a drum roll.  Oh well.  Moving on to better things.

Here's what I had to eat....
Breakfast was oatmeal, ground flax seed, chia seeds and fresh blueberries.  Coffee with Organic Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and International Delights Sugar Free Vanilla Creamer.  (Coffee is my one vice.  I just can't give it up) Yummy!  280 Calories
On to lunch!  Matcha Green Tea with Organic Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk.  A Small Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Tortilla, Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss Original Cheese, Fresh Spinach, Smoked Salmon, Raw Baby Carrots.  301 Calories.  Stay tuned tomorrow for lots of good information about the fabulous Matcha Green Tea!
When I got home from my workout I was starving.  I'm always starving after I work out.  So I grabbed a Lemon Zest Luna Bar.  I LOVE anything lemon flavored! 180 Calories
Now for dinner, woohoo!  Tonight I made the Pulled Pork Sandwich from the April/May Issue of Clean Eating Magazine.  It was pretty good (even my kids ate it).  I had an apple on the side. 364 Calories.  It was definitely better than what I made last night.  Don't ask.  Seriously, I'm not telling.  It was so bad. 

I've also been guzzling drinking my water.  Yes, all 100 ounces.  I got it all in.  I'm sure I'll up all night (hee hee).  I didn't meet my fruit and veggies goal, but I got dang close.  I'll be working on it more tomorrow.
So, my total calories for the day are 1125.


Also!  I laced up my tennis shoes and went for a run.  Today I ran the first day of the first week of the Couch to 5k program.  It was tough, but I got through it.  I ran on the treadmill at the gym.  Can't really get outside for a run when I've got for little munchkins to keep up with. I ran/walked 1.72 miles in 30 minutes.  Yeah, I know.  That's painfully slow, but what can I say.  I'm fat and I've never run and I'm slow.  It will get better.  It's the first step to my goal of running a marathon.  Let me just put out there that I am not a runner.  I've never run.  I mean never ever.  So, this is a big deal for me.  I can't wait to see where it goes. I also did strength training on the machines at the gym.  I did legs and arms and they're burning.  For real on fire.  I'm going to end the night with Candlelight Yoga that is on Instant View on Netflix.  It's relaxing and a great way to work out the kinks I got while working out this afternoon.

All in all a good day. No a great day. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)