Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Matcha Tea

Oh Matcha Tea, what a lovely green stinky tea you are.  But I'm sticking by you through thick and thin and I'm expecting great things from you.
I first read about Matcha Tea over on Jen's blog.  She really seemed to like it so I decided to do a little research and see what the fuss was about.  Apparently, Matcha is the be all end all of green teas.  According to Matcha Source "the health benefits of matcha tea exceed those of green tea because when you drink matcha you ingest the whole leaf, not just the brewed water. For maximum nutritional benefit, matcha tea is unparalleled. One glass of matcha is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of its nutritional value and antioxidant content."
Matcha Tea is also good for weight loss.  According to Zen Matcha Tea  drinking this wonder tea will speed up metabolism, keep the body from storing calories as fat, and suppress your appetite.  Like other green teas, Matcha is also rich in antioxidants. That all sounds mighty good to me.  
So, let's just be clear.  I know most websites are trying to sell their product.  I'm not naively buying everything they're saying.  However, research has shown that green tea is good for you.  So, why not give it a shot? 

I purchased the Matcha tea powder from my local whole foods.
 
I've been drinking it for a couple of days and so far so good.  I'm not getting any jitters from it, but I wouldn't suggest drinking it at night.  It would definitely keep you awake.  
Another thing.  I'm a southern girl.  I'm used to my sweet iced tea, so hot green tea is something VERY new for me.  It's a little stinky.  My 5 year old smelled it and his exact words were, "mom, you're tea smells like guinea pig poop and I know because I've smelled guinea pig poop."  So, we're not talking about Chickfila sweet tea here.  But, I think I might be acquiring a taste for it.  Might be.  We'll see.  I'm going to keep drinking it on a regular basis and I'll let you know what I think as time goes on.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll be singing the praises of Matcha Tea from my rooftop.  Stinky-ness and all.

1 comment:

  1. I love matcha green tea, but actually prefer it cold. Have you had a chance to try it that way? I like a) matcha, cold water, honey and ice or b) matcha, cold water, milk (I drink almond), honey and ice. I've also added it to smoothies.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)