Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Food and Exercise Log 3

Ahhhh....today was so much better than yesterday.
To change things up let's start with the exercise.  I did day 2 of week 1 in the Couch to 5K  program.  I was so embarrassed by my first day walking/jogging, so today I kicked it up a little.  I walked a little faster then I jogged a little faster and I went a little farther.  Not a lot farther, but a little.  Instead of the 1.72 miles in 30 minutes I did 1.83.  Like I said not a lot further, but a little and I'm happy with any progress.  I also did my strength training exercises on the machines at the gym and because I didn't get to workout yesterday I got on the elliptical for a little while too.  I was worn out when I was done, but it felt so good.  I'm going to do my Candlelight Yoga program when I get done blogging.

Now on to the food!
I started the morning with my regular coffee, organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk and sugar free vanilla creamer.  I also had oatmeal with ground flax seed, chia seed, maca powder and fresh blueberries.  I forgot to take a picture of it, but it looks just like the one I ate the other day : ) 363 calories
For lunch I had a regular Boca patty on fresh spinach with a side of strawberries and blue berries.   I had some plum oolong tea to drink as well.  So yummy!  210 calories
 After my workout I was hungry and had a Lemon Zest Luna Bar.  Man, I could eat these everyday and never get tired of them.  They are so good. 180 Calories
On to dinner!  I had a homemade salmon salad on fresh spinach.  I got the idea for the salmon salad from this post on Jen's blog.  Mine was a little different from her's though.  I used canned salmon, a couple of tablespoons of fat free greek yogurt, a little salt and pepper, cherry tomatoes, orange bell pepper, celery and cilantro.  I love cilantro.  I mean seriously love it.  I would put it on everything I make.  I know some people hate it, but I just can't wrap my head around that.  How can you hate something that is soooo soooo good? 313 Calories
So my total calorie intake for the day is 1066.  Honestly, that's a little low for what I'm shooting for.  I'd like to stay around 1200, but I'm not complaining.  That's just the way things went.  I got in all my fruits and veggies for the day, so a big woohoo on that.  I also got in all 100 ounces of water.  Another big woohoo!
Looking forward to another great day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)