Saturday, April 23, 2011

Food and Exercise Log 6

Ahhh....what a difference a day makes!  I was determined to have a better day than yesterday and it happened.  Yeah!!!
Let's start with today's food!
I have to admit that I got a little worried with breakfast.  We were running late to take my oldest to his Robotics Lego class so I just grabbed my trusty Lemon Zest Luna Bar my bottle of water and I headed out the door.  180 Calories.  I was afraid with this breakfast that I might be setting myself up for failure, but I didn't! 
I got home from work out and  running errands and had a great lunch!  I have picture of it, but my camera isn't connecting to my laptop for some reason, so I can't share it.  I had an original Boca Patty on a Small Ezekiel Sprouted Tortilla with Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese, Spinach and Lettuce from the garden; along with a fresh apple.  It was super yummy and 339 calories.
Now about 5 pm (shortly before I started making dinner) I started feeling like I was starving!  Like to the point where I thought I might get sick.  So, I grabbed another Luna Bar (this time it was Chocolate Peppermint Stick).  It was super yummy, but I wish I would have grabbed something that was a "clean" food.  Oh well, 180 Calories.
For dinner I made a Roasted Veggie Sandwich.  It was soooooo good.  I made it with squash and zucchini from our garden along with bell peppers and onions from the store (hopefully ours will be growing soon and I won't have to buy them anymore).  I have lots of pictures of this, but again my laptop is messing up.  I do have the one I took of it on my plate (I used my phone and emailed it to myself : )  So I'll share that one with you.  As soon as I get the camera hooked back up to the laptop I'm going to post the yummy recipe for the sandwich.  I also had a side of watermelon.  430 Calories.

So in total today I have eaten 1129 Calories.  Not too shabby!  Woohoo.
I've also gotten in all 100 ounces of water.  Yeehaw!
Now, on to exercise!  My oldest takes his Robotics Legos class at our gym, so while he assembled robots I did my workout.  I did the 3rd day of week 1 of Couch to 5k.  It was seriously hard and seriously great.  I pushed myself a tiny bit harder this time and my distance was better than last times.  I went 1.86 miles in the 30 minutes instead of 1.83.  Not a lot of improvement, but every little bit helps.
Since tomorrow is Easter I am worried about what is going to happen to my eating plan.  I know there's going to be lots of candy and other sweets heading home with us.  I'm just not sure how I'm going to resist the temptation, but I sure am going to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)