Sunday, August 7, 2011

Busy Busy Weekend!

Oh my word, this weekend has been crazy busy! Yesterday we spent almost the entire day moving things around the house/getting rid of stuff we don't need/throwing junk away, so that we can switch the big boys to their new room. We didn't stop until we had to get ready to go to a friend's birthday party.
I new I needed lots of energy for all our work yesterday, so I started with a big mug full of steel cut oats with a scoop of Garden of Life Raw Fiber, ground flaxseed, nonfat vanilla yogurt, unsweetened organic vanilla almond milk, and a big helping of blueberries. I haven't been putting almond milk in my oatmeal recently, but it was really thick (I think because of the raw fiber) so I needed to thin it out a little.
I had my oats in one of my favorite mugs...it's from our honeymoon and I got it when we visited the Statue of Liberty. It brings back such awesome memories everytime I use it.
For lunch yesterday I had some left over egg muffins and an apple.  Not a lot, but I was too busy to really prepare something and I wasn't that hungry.
Last night we had such a fun time at our friend's party.  His wife threw a big surprise 30th b-day party for him and he was completely surprised.  I had one chicken fajita with grilled veggies, rice and beans.  I also had a small piece b-day cake.  Yum!
Today was another crazy day.  We woke up late (again) for church, so I rushed out the door with nothing but a bottle of Spark.  After church we had a leadership meeting and everyone was asked to bring a brunch item.  I brought watermelon, but everything else was muffins, donuts, pig in a blanket, and chicken salad.  Not a great lunch, but I did the best I could.  Lots of watermelon and a sausage.
Once we got home we were back to moving things around the house.  I looked up after working hard and before I knew it the clock said 6:30.  I didn't have anything ready for dinner and the kids were starving so we went out.  The hubster picked an Italian food place that close.  They really only serve calzones and pizza.  I got a calzone and ate about 1/2 of it. 
Today kinda sucked with the eating.  I love the weekends, but it's hard because we don't have a set routine.  I do much better during the week when everyday is pretty much the same.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)