Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I did it!....An early work out

I can't believe I did it. I actually tried to talk myself out of it.  When my alarm went off this morning I thought, "no way!  I'm not getting up this early to go do a weight lifting program at the gym!", but after I laid there a minute I realized that I was going to be mad at myself the rest of the day if I didn't get outta that bed.  So I got up and was at the gym by 6:30.  Let me tell you, I was nervous!!  I really didn't know if I could do the first set of exercises in the New Rules of Lifting for Women, but I set my mind to it and decided that no matter what I was at least going to give it a shot.  And you know what?  I did every single one of the exercises!  I honestly was a little shocked at myself.  There were a few guys in the weight section of the gym, but it was no where near as intimidating as the crowd yesterday.  I'm really pleased with myself.  My legs are so sore, but it feels so good!  I warmed up for 5 minutes on the elliptical, did the weight workout, and then did 15 more minutes on the elliptical.  I wanted to do 30, but my legs gave out and I just couldn't do anymore.

Before the workout I drank a bunch of water (I drank a lot during too).  Then I came home and dove into this yummy bowl of steel cut oats with a scoop of Raw Fiber, ground flax seed, nonfat vanilla yogurt, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and blueberries. 

For lunch three egg cups (eggs, cottage cheese, green peppers) and some grapes.  Not super exciting, but still good.

I played my calories pretty low and healthy for the first half of the day because I knew that tonight would be hard with food.  Our regular group of friends that we "do life" with came over and it was bring your favorite appetizer night.  We had bbq bacon jalapeno poppers, sandwich wraps, taquitos, garlic bread, and mini-quiches.  Yeah, not super nutritious.  I had two jalapeno poppers, two sandwich wraps (spinach tortillas stuffed with bbq sauce, deli meat, cheese and fresh spinach), a taquito, a slice of garlic bread, and a mini-quiche.  Honestly I don't feel like over did it, but it was definitely lacking in nutritional substance.  I see a lot of fruits and veggies in my future tomorrow : )

I surprised myself exercising today.  What about you?  Did you have any surprises today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)