Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Celebrating Tuesday with a big taco!

Let's celebrate, it's Tuesday!! What? You don't celebrate Tuesday? C'mon, you've got to celebrate. You've made it to enjoy another day. Okay, I don't really celebrate Tuesday either, but I just thought I'd be funny for a minute. : )
This morning for breakfast I enjoyed some more steel cut oats. I may have found a new breakfast obsession. This time I added the vanilla yogurt, almonds, and some ground flax seed. One of the great things about the vanilla yogurt is that you don't need to add any extra sweetener to the oatmeal if you use it. Yum!
While enjoying my steel cut oats I was browsing Pinterest...

Where I found this....

I love it!  I thought about it lots today while I was at the gym running my tail off on the treadmill.  Here's today's workout for the Couch to 5K program.  No, it's still not going to set any records, but it's better than I did yesterday and that's all I can ask of myself.  Oh, and I think I sweated more today than I ever have.  Seriously, it was dripping everywhere.  Disgusting and awesome and beautiful all the same time.  I think I'm going to need to get a Bondi Band.

After running in the gym I went outside to my car and continued sweating my tail off thanks to 105 degree heat.  See, here I am all nice and red faced in the car with the a/c going full blast.  I'm so looking forward to the Fall and winter when I can run outside in the cool weather.

After working out I came home and made a super yummy lunch. Apples, carrots and a Boca Flame Grilled Burger topped with homemade guacamole.  Normally when I make guacamole I use avocado, pico de gallo, lime, and cumin, but I was out of some of that today so I made up a new recipe.  I added about 2 tablespoons of nonfat greek yogurt to one avocado to make it a little more creamy.  I didn't have any pico de gallo on hand, but I did have some red onions and some sweet onions so I chopped a few tablespoons of those up and threw them in the mix as well.  Then I added a pinch of garlic salt and the juice of half a lime.  It was really good (not as good as if I had pico in it), but still really good for working with what I had on hand.
Oh, did you see that I'm reading The Help?  I started it last night and I'm already through Chapter 4.  It is so good!!!!  I hope the movie will live up to the book.
For dinner we met some friends at Chipotle to celebrate Tuesday! Hee hee!  I got a single taco with rice, chicken, pico de gallo (!!), guacamole (because you can never get enough), and lettuce.  It was so good!  One was the perfect amount.  I left completely satisfied, but not stuffed.  I used to order the huge burrito stuffed with all that I had on my taco, plus sour cream and cheese.  You know what?  I didn't even miss the sour cream and cheese on my taco AND it was about 1/3 the size of the burrito.  More little things adding up to make a difference in my weight!
It was still a pretty big taco and I could barely fit it in my mouth! I ended up eating about half of it with a fork.
Here's the hubster scarfing down his mondo carnitas burrito! He enjoyed it immensely : )

So, we celebrated Tuesday this week?  Are you celebrating anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)