Monday, August 22, 2011

Goodbye Weekend : (

This weekend was so fun and I'm incredibly sad to see it go.  Friday night I went out with my best girls and we saw The Help.  Oh my goodness, so good.  I laughed so hard at one point I almost fell of my chair and at another point I cried and ruined my mascara.  I had such a good time with my girls.  Then on Saturday night we had a dinner at another set of friend's house, and Sunday we had lunch with more friends, and dinner with my parents.  We are so blessed (and so busy!). 
Folks I'm going to tell you the truth on here.  My eating the past few days has be lousy at it's best.  Way to much processed, fat, grossness.  I felt it big time today when I did my Week 2, Couch to 5k program.  I did 1.93 miles in 30 minutes.  Down .04 miles from the last time I did it.  Bugger.  I wasn't able to go as fast on the running sections and it sucked.
After I did my run I got on the bike and did 3 miles in just under 17 minutes.

Today was the start of the school year for my boys!  I can't believe I have two in school.  Last year we homeschooled, but this year they're both in a public school.  My house is so quiet.  It's just so weird.
To celebrate their first day of school I made cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs (you know trying to balance the carbs and protein!).  Yep, I had some.  Big mistake.  Sugar gives me headaches and I got a doozy.  Sometimes I just make the dumbest mistakes.  For lunch I had some Work With What You've Got Hummus, Sweet Chili Rice Chips, and Carrots.  I had way to much hummus and chips.  
I finally got a hold of myself at dinner time and decided I needed to change my eating pattern for the day.  I made Creamy Dreamy Roasted Chickpeas which have been a big hit in my family in the past, but this time I roasted some asparagus while the chickpeas were cooking and chopped it up and added it to the mix.  I really liked it (and my kids devoured it, always a plus).

Look at all that beautiful asparagus (thank you Sprouts for having it on sale!).
I served it with brown rice and it was delish!

*I'm thinking about doing the detox again.  I feel like I need to refocus on my eating and the detox really seemed to help with that last time.  Anyway, just thinking about it, but I might do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)