Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm an Idiot....and weigh in day...

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday. I will get to all that in a minute, but first let' start with my weigh in. Drum roll please....182.6 pounds. That's down 1.4 pounds from last week (if you're keeping track...I know I am : ) I'm a happy woman.

Okay, so yesterday was not good.  I was so sore from my lifting workout on Tuesday that I couldn't even walk up the stairs.  It's Thursday and I'm still sore.  The New Rules of Lifting is a hard core workout people.  I didn't do any exercise yesterday because I could barely move.

For breakfast I had steel cut oats, a scoop of Raw Fiber, Ground flax seed, nonfat vanilla oatmeal, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and blueberries.  A big bunch of blueberries.  Yum.

For lunch yesterday I had my beloved salad with over easy egg, spinach, arugula, goat cheese, and sunflower kernels tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Another yum.

After lunch I went about my day and then started making dinner. That's when things started to go wrong.  I started feeling awful.  My stomach hurt, my head hurt, I was dizzy.  It was just bad.  So, I went to bed.  At 7:30.  I never go to bed before 11.  It was bad.  Bad I tell you.

I woke up this morning feeling a little better, but my stomach still hurt.  So, I skipped breakfast.  I took the boys to the pool with some friends and this is where I become the idiot of the day.
We got to the pool and I got everyone all ready.  Smeared sunscreen all over the boys, put floaties on the little ones and was ready to go.  Then I don't know what I was thinking, but I completely ignored putting sunscreen on myself.  After 3 hours at the pool with no sunscreen on I am cooked.  Seriously, I'm in pain.  I'm red, I'm hot and I'm just a mess.  I can't even take my hair out of my ponytail because it hurts my back.  Here I am in all my red glory.  Tonight is going to be miserable trying to sleep.


After the pool I came home and had tortilla crusted tilapia on quinoa with black bean salsa, extra cilantro, and goat cheese.  It was super yummy.

Late this afternoon the effects of the sunburn really started to set in and I am not feeling well at all.  I couldn't eat dinner.  So, all I've had today is lunch.  Not a great day as far as my eating goes.  And I didn't get in a workout because I'm still so sore and I couldn't wear a sports bra right now even if I wanted to.  My shoulders hurt so bad.  I'm fairly certain I won't be able to exercise tomorrow either.  I'm hoping by Saturday my shoulders will be able to handle some clothing and I can make it back to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)