Thursday, August 18, 2011

Weekly Weigh in... and Work with What You've got Hummus

Okay, let's just start with the depressing news. I had my weekly weigh in today and it was disappointing. 186.8 lbs. Yep, I was up 4 pounds. That sucks. I knew I'd be up, but I wasn't expecting it to be that much. I had a really inconsistent week, but I'm ready to move on.
Yesterday I wrote that I had learned things from this last week and that is really true. I learned that I definitely need a plan for my food and my workouts. When I don't have plan things just seem to fall apart. I don't have the food I need in the house and I don't make time to get to the gym (honestly, this past week I couldn't have worked out much because of my horrendous sunburn). So, my new goal is to plan a week of meals at a time and get everything I need. I'm also going to start planning out my workouts. For so long my workouts have been sporadic because I never knew when I'd have a car to get to the gym (my hubs and I share a car) or it was really hard to workout at home with the kids running around. Now that school is starting (on Monday) I'll have the car everyday so that I can take the kids to school and pick them up. So, I'll always be able to make it to the gym. And if one of the kids at home gets sick I can still workout when they take a nap. I'm feeling much more confident in my ability to hit the gym.
Today I saw this on Pinterest and it really started my thinking

I've had a rough week, but I'm not going to let it define my journey to lose weight and get healthy. I've fallen, but I'm pulling myself back up and getting right back in the game. 



I woke up really hungry this morning.  I made two eggs with a little bit of greek nonfat yogurt thrown in and two pieces of whole wheat toast with simply fruit blackberry jelly.  It was yummy, but honestly not filling.  I don't know why I was so hungry.  Definitely wished I had made my steel cut oats and saved the eggs for something else.

At lunch time I was starving.  I cooked up two veggie patties (they were only 90 cals each so not bad) and had them over spinach and arugula topped with goat cheese.  I had a side of cherries.  I also had some great new chips and my "work with what you've got" hummus.  Those are Doritos that you spy.  They're the new to me Rice Works Chips in Sweet Chili.  Oh my goodness they were so good!  The main ingredient is brown rice so that's pretty fantastic.  I was really wanting some hummus to go with them and I've got a pretty good hummus recipe.  I went to make it and discovered that I didn't have any tahini.  I was super bummed, but decided to see if I could come up with something on my own.  I looked around and saw that I had some Sesame Garlic Sass Dressing and I thought, "hey tahini is made from sesame seeds so maybe this will work!"  So here is my Work With What You've Got Hummus Recipe:  I used a can of chickpeas (drained), about 2 tablespoons liquid from chickpeas, about 3 tablespoons Sass Dressing, about a tablespoon olive oil, juice from a lemon, a minced garlic clove, and some salt.  It was a little thick after I put it through the food processor, so I added a little a little water until I got the consistency that I wanted.  Ummm yeah, I think I might like this hummus more than the other one that I make.  It was sooooo good with the chips.  If you have access to the Sass Dressing then definitely give it a try.

Tonight we had meet the teacher night at the boys' school.  They were so excited.  I don't really know anything about the teachers that they got, but they were very friendly and I'm looking forward to a great year.  It was late when we were done at the school so we headed to Taco Cabana for dinner.  I got the Chicken Street Tacos.  The nutritional info for these tacos isn't listed on the website, but the nutritional info for the regular chicken tacos is.  It was 210 calories.  I'm guessing it's about the same or maybe a little less because the street tacos are made with small corn tortillas and the regular tacos are made with big flour tortillas.  They only have chicken, lettuce, and tomato on them.  It was a pretty decent dinner.

Today was a little crazy because I was getting all the boys' school supplies together to take for tonight and I had mounds of laundry to catch up on.  So, I didn't get a workout in , but I've got one planned for tomorrow!

I'm really ready for the weekend.  I'm going to a girl's night tomorrow night and we're going to see The Help.  I'm super excited.  The book was fantastic and I've heard the movie is just as good.

Do you have anything fun planned for this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)