Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yummy Yummy Chickpeas!

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I'm dreading it. Okay, tmi time, I started my period (or as the hubster calls it, "time of death and destruction") which explains why I've wanted to eat everything in sight and all the bloating I've been feeling. So, I'm not expecting any good news tomorrow. We'll see what happens.
I had more steel cut oats today. I love them and I've taken a fancy to eating them out of mugs. I don't know why. It just makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

This was the highlight of my day. The big boys got to go swimming at the grandparents, so it was just me and my little man for most of the day. I don't get to spend near enough alone time with him. We enjoyed playing with the pop up toy and he's got mad sword fighting skills. Such a stinkin' cutie.

Ummm...lunch didn't go to well. I ate cereal. Not even good cereal. Frosted mini-wheats. I'm choosing to blame it on the death and destruction time.

Dinner was WAY better!  Creamy and Dreamy Roasted Chickpeas!  I loved them.  Caitlin came up with a stellar recipe.  I served the roasted chickpeas in all their creamy and dreamy deliciousness over quinoa and steamed kale and spinach.  La la loved it!

After dinner I met up with a friend at Starbucks.  She was a little late so I enjoyed my non-sweet Shaken Green Iced Tea while reading more of The Help.  I'm totally diggin' this book and can't wait to finish it and see the movie.  I may have to make it a girl's night though, because I'm not sure the hubs is up for it.

I didn't get to the gym today because the hubs had the car, but I did a Crunch Pilates Yoga Blend Workout that was on Netflix Instant View.  Good workout.  I also drank buckets of water.  It is sooooo hot. 
If I don't show back up here tomorrow it's because I fell off the scale and hit my head when I saw how much weight I've gained thanks to my time of death and destruction and Frosted Mini Wheats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)