Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Choose your hard

Today was way better than the past few have been.  I had steel cut oats with flax, raw fiber, blueberries, nonfat vanilla yogurt, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.  Yum.
Then I took the boys to the pool with some friends.  So fun!  Today I put on sunscreen, so no sunburn.  Yea!!  Our sweet friend made us lunch.  Peanut Butter and Jelly on Whole Wheat, fruit, and yogurt.  Perfect.
I came home and was super hungry.  I really wanted to eat the left over baked potato.  I mean I really wanted to, but I didn't.  I thought about it and was able to talk myself out of it and only had a handful of cereal instead.  That held me over until dinner.  We had some friends over (they brought ribs and chicken!).  It was a great dinner.  BBQ chicken and ribs, salad, baked beans, and potato salad.  Yummy.  I didn't over do it and I'm feeling good about my choices.
I didn't get in a workout today.  Busy at the pool enjoying these last few days of summer and then getting ready to have people over.  I should be able to make it to the gym tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it.  It's been way to long.
I saw this on Pinterest and loved it.


It's so right.  Losing weight is super hard, so is maintaining, but you know what?  Staying fat is hard to.  It's hard on your body, it's hard on your emotions, it's hard on the people around you.  I choose to lose weight.  I choose that hard.  It's the hard that's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)