Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 1 of the Detox....Sort of....

This morning I got ready to get started on the first day of the Detox.  I got all the stuff out to make my first juice:  1 Carrot, 1 Apple, a bunch of Spinach, 3 oz green tea, TRI-Cleanse, Perfect Food Raw Green Super Food Powder. 
I juiced the carrot, apple and spinach into a jar and then added the other 3 ingredients and blended it all up. 
I always juice into a wide mouth jar, that way I can stick my hand held blender down into it for the extra stuff and if there's any left over I can just pop the lid on and stick it in the fridge.
I gulped this down (it was about 12 ounces) and drank 16 ounces of water. 
Then we went to church and on the drive home from church the hubs begged asked me not to start the detox today.  He was upset that we couldn't go out for our normal after church lunch.  So, I told him that I would wait and start tomorrow.  I get where he's coming from.  Sunday lunches are big deal at our house, but I did tell him that we would NOT be going out next Sunday because it would be the last day of the detox. 
We went to Chipotle (one of his favorite places) for lunch.  I got a single taco with rice (the best rice on the planet), chicken, fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and lettuce.  Not overboard at all.  I was really quite proud of myself.
For dinner we had a rotisserie chicken and some watermelon (the boys also had some rolls, but I didn't).  Again, pretty good.  Then the hubs SHOCKED me.  He said he wanted to do the detox with me.  I really had no idea he'd want to do it.  We'll see how it works with him at work.  I guess I'll just send him with some juice and broth.  I'll be honest and say that I don't know if he'll stick to it, but I'm super impressed that he's even interested and even more impressed that he's willing to give it a shot.
Oh, I got in 80 ounces of water today (not too difficult when you're out running errands and it's almost 100 degrees) and I'm getting ready to do a yoga workout (if Netflix will stop acting up).
Good day for me.  Looking forward to this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)