Saturday, July 16, 2011

Preparing for the Detox!

Yesterday was so much better than the day before. I had total much more control over what I put in my mouth.  I didn't get in any exercise because I came down with a serious migraine, so I ended up spending my scheduled work out time in bed trying to recover.
For breakfast I had two scrambled eggs on a whole wheat tortilla with fresh pico de gallo.  Fresh Pico de Gallo kicks the butt of that processed and sealed in a jar crap.
For lunch a made salmon salad:  Canned Albacore Tuna (drained and flaked), chopped red bell pepper, chopped green onion, couple of tablespoons of nonfat plain greek yogurt, a pinch of CURRY, salt and pepper.  Trust me on the curry.  It makes it so good.  Here's a picture of it before I mixed it all together.  I just think it looks prettier before it all gets mixed together.
Here's a picture after it's all been mixed up.  See, isn't it prettier before?
For dinner I had a left over taco (after that migraine I just didn't feel like cooking).  It was yummy!  Flour tortilla topped with ground beef, queso (about a tablespoon), fresh guacamole, fresh pico de galo and about a tablespoon of sour cream.
I was going to start my detox today, but I didn't get a chance to go the grocery store yesterday due to that nasty migraine.  So, I went today and loaded up!  See that picture of my fridge?  It's stocked full of fruits and veggies.  I got a bunch of brown rice and broths too.  I'm set.
So, in order to prepare for the detox to start tomorrow I may or may not have eaten total crap today.  I may have had one or two Krispy Kreme Donuts for breakfast and then had a 10 piece sushi roll for lunch.  I may have had a big bowl of teriyaki chicken and brown rice with a side of cheese bread and olive oil dip.  I'm not saying I did those things, but it's possible.  Yeah, I'm ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)