Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Loving the Plan

Okay, you're probably getting tired of hearing how great having a plan is. But seriously folks! This is making my life so much easier. I've actually been able to stick with something and it's taken very little effort. It's ah-mazing!
Today I started with my coffee, coconut milk and new creamer.  Fantastic.
I followed up the fantastic coffee with oatmeal topped in chia seeds, ground flax seeds, and blueberries.  Again, so yummy and keeps my belly full until lunch.
For lunch I had a whole wheat tortilla with laughing cow light spreadable cheese and smoked salmon.  I sprinkled some dill on that and oh my goodness was it tasty.  I also had two wedges of watermelon and a side salad.  The salad had organic baby greens, cucumbers, and carrots in it.  I tossed it in my super special extra virgin olive oil and some balsamic vinegar.  Double yumminess.
Speaking of my super special extra virgin olive oil, here it is in all it's glory.  Just in case any one out there was wondering what I use.  It's ah-mazing.
I forgot to take a picture of the wonderful dinner some of our sweet friends made.  Oh my word.  Seriously so good.   They grilled tri-tip.  Have you ever had tri-tip?  I hadn't until tonight and let me tell you I am a super fan of this stuff.  It's like the tenderest most flavorful amazing steak I have ever had.  They put some kind of special crack seasoning on it and it was unbelievably good.  Apparently you have to get your crack seasoning in California, so they promised to have their family back in CA send us some.  Yeah!!!  We also had some french bread, garden salad with strawberries, and some green beans and corn.  Super yummy dinner.
Oh, and I drank 64 ounces of water.  Not what I was aiming for (100 ounces), but still pretty dang good.  I also got in some decent exercise today too.  I wore one of my cute new outfits to the gym and rocked the elliptical machine, treadmill and the bike!  I was a busy woman.  I stayed on the elliptical for about 10 minutes, but then I started having trouble with my new shorts riding up!  Ugh, not comfortable.  Must figure out a fix for that nastiness.  So then I got on the treadmill for 15 minutes and did high and low incline intervals.  Then I hit the bike and did slow and fast intervals for 20 minutes.  Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)