Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 4 of the Detox....I Cheated

First, my new stats:
Day 1: 190 lbs
Day 2: 188.8 lbs (-1.2 lbs)
Day 3: 186.6 lbs (-3.4 lbs)
Day 4: 186.2 lbs (-3.8 lbs)
So, still going down, but not as quickly. Still good.

Man today was weird.  First off, I didn't feel like eating.  Like at all.  Around 11:30 when I was feeding my brood lunch I had a half a banana just because I felt like I should eat something even though I wasn't hungry.  Then around 2pm I got a little hungry and had a juice.  I had spinach, carrot, pear, cherry, and blueberry.  It was so yummy.  I don't know why I'm obsessed with how the juice looks before I shake it up, but seriously it's so pretty.
Then I wasn't hungry again...until...we went to dinner with friends for one of their birthdays. Yep, then the hunger hit like a mack truck and I was not prepared. Not.at.all.  So, I cheated.  Big time.  I had chicken fingers and fried pickles.  Oh my word, the pickles.  Amazing!  I also had one of the cupcakes that I made for my friend.  Here's a picture of some of them.  I got the idea from here.  They turned out pretty good and they were super tasty too.  I finally put on my smarty pants and realized that I needed to send the left overs home with our friends so I wouldn't pig out on them tomorrow.  So, no worries there.  I had one and now they're gone.
Btw, my friend is a huge San Francisco Giants fan, thus the San Francisco Giants Cupcakes.

Am I upset that I cheated?  Nope.  I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  I've stuck to this detox for 3.5 days now and I've done awesome.  No cheating at all.  Even when I really wanted to.  So, I messed up once.  Big deal.  It's not going to kill me.  I fully expect the scale to move up tomorrow and I'm okay with that.  I'm still in the detox 100% and I know I'll be fine the rest of the time.  Life happens.  Birthdays happen.  Bad food choices happen.  We move on.  I love our friends and I'm glad we got to be a part of one of their birthdays.  It was an epic night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)