Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 3 of the Detox

I made it through day 3! I have to admit though that I might kill someone if they walked in my house with a cheeseburger right now. It's really pretty sad how addicted I am to total crap food.
Here are the stats:
Day 1: 190 lbs
Day 2: 188.8 (-1.2 lbs)
Day 3: 186.8 (-3.2 lbs)
I'm pretty pleased with those results!

I started my day with a super yummy fresh squeezed citrus juice.  Here it is all cut up and ready to go in the juicer.  Let's see, we've got half a grapefruit, a whole navel orange, a lemon, and a lime.  I love fresh citrus juice, but let me just state for the record that peeling all this fruit is a total pain in my behind!
Here it is all juiced up and ready to get into my belly!  Yumminess all around!
A little while later I decided to try some Kambucha that I bought earlier in the week. I've read that it's supposed to be good for you because of the active bacteria in it (like yogurt).  Hmmm....it reminded me of beer.  I'm not a beer drinker.  Like at all.  I've maybe had two beers in my entire life.  So, yeah.  This wasn't rockin' my socks.  It wasn't horrible and I did drink it all.  I still have two more bottles in the fridge and I'll finish those, but I probably won't buy it again.
I can finally have some non-juiced food, so for lunch I had brown rice (which I cooked in beef broth) with some raw spinach, kale, and mushrooms.  It was yummy.
Then for dinner I had some more fantastic juice.  I forgot to take a picture before I juiced everything, but I had spinach, arugula, carrot, celery, apple, and pear.  It was sooooo good.  Look how pretty it was before I mixed it all together.
I followed the juice with some more brown rice with spinach, arugula, red bell pepper, mushrooms, asparagus.  I actually think this might be really good when I'm done with the detox and I cook the asparagus and mushrooms and add some feta cheese and garlic.
So, day 3 is done and I'm doing well.  No headache today!  Yeah!  Hopefully I'm coming out of the addiction to nasty food.  I didn't get in any exercise today.  We were super busy because I had to take the baby to the doctor (hate having a sick baby...boo).
On a side note, tomorrow is a good friend of ours birthday and I said I would make cupcakes for him.  There are currently 24 chocolate cupcakes cooling in my kitchen.  The smell is about to over power me.  I was good however, and rinsed the bowl and beaters immediately so that I couldn't dig into any raw cake batter.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the Kombucha - I really wasn't a huge fan of it which was so disappointing given how good they say it's supposed to be for you! I'm so glad I'm not alone - everyone else seems to be head over heels for it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)