Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's the Little Things...

Today started unlike most other Sundays around our house...we weren't busy. Somehow it seems like no matter how early I get up on Sundays we're never ready on time to leave for church. However this morning I'm not sure what happened, but not only were we ready on time, but we had extra time and the hubster even ran to the store before we left.
With all that extra time I did something I rarely do on a Sunday. I sat down and had breakfast.  A yummy breakfast of an over easy egg, toast with blackberry simply fruit jelly, and a glass of fresh squeezed juice.  The juice had one whole orange, 1/4 grapefruit, one whole lemon, and a little bit of pineapple.  Mmmmm....

So, I need to go to the grocery store pretty desperately.  After church I leaned over to the hubs and said, "we have nothing at home to eat for lunch unless you want a big fruit salad."  He leaned over and gave me a kiss : )  Then he took us to one of my favorite local restaurants, Kerbey Lane Cafe.  Oh my goodness everything there is so good.  Since breakfast had gone so well earlier in the morning I decided to go for it again.  This time it wasn't as healthy.  I got the Eggs Francisco; english muffin topped with fresh tomato, scrambled eggs, bacon, avocado, and queso.  Now, 6 months ago if I had ordered this I would have gotten a shortstack of gingerbread pancakes and covered them in syrup.  Not today!  Today I made a healthier choice.  I got black beans and a fruit salad.  The black beans were a great addition to the eggs.  I know it's not the healthiest breakfast, I mean it had bacon and queso.  But, I think little things like not getting the pancakes and getting something healthy instead add up.  I also realized that it really doesn't need bacon and I can probably order the queso on the side and use way less.  So, I have a plan for next time too.


I was so full from lunch that I completely skipped dinner.  I've just been drinking lots of water (lots of salt in that bacon and queso). 
We have a busy week ahead I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm taking the boys back to school shopping.   Lord help us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)