Friday, July 29, 2011

Weekly Weigh-in...and Goat Cheese

Okay so for the weekly weigh-in results, are you ready?  Are you sure you're ready? I weighed in today at 184.2 lbs.  So, not only did I not gain back any of the weight I lost on the detox, but I lost another .4 lbs.  Not a lot of weight, but after going back to eating regular food I thought I would gain.  Definitely not lose.  And it's only been 4 days since my last weigh in.  So I am pleased as punch : )  Looking forward to seeing what this next week holds.

I started my day with some overnight oatmeal. 

Have you ever had overnight oatmeal?  I hadn't until today and let me tell you, I will be having them again!  They were fantastic.  I saw this post about overnight oatmeal and decided to give it a try.  If you haven't checked out the post make sure you do.  There are some super great ideas for overnight oats.  Mine were pretty simple.  I used 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup greek nonfat yogurt, 1/2 cup low fat organic milk, and 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed.  When I heated it up this morning (I tried it cold, but wasn't a fan) I added a tablespoon of pure organic maple syrup.  So yummy!  Today I bought some vanilla yogurt because I think that will make it even better.  Oh and some chopped pecans.  Now that would be amazing. 

For lunch I had one of my favorite salads with a new variation....goat cheese.  Oh my goodness.  Goat Cheese is new for me.  I keep reading about goat cheese over on this blog.  I thought it looked like feta and I like feta, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I was wrong.  Goat cheese out shines, out classes, out does feta by a mile.  It's creamy and it's awesome.  Today I had the amazing goat cheese with spinach and arugula tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, topped with sunflower kernels and an over easy egg.  Delish I tell you.  Delish.

Tonight our friends came over for dinner.  It was my turn to cook and I made some amazing pulled pork tacos.  I got the recipe a couple of years ago from another blog, but it's no longer around.  So, I'll share the recipe with you.  Now, don't go thinking this is a healthy recipe because it's on this blog.  It's not healthy, but it's great.  My husband says he would eat this everyday for the rest of his life if he could.
Pulled Pork Tacos

1 large pork roast
20 ounces Coke or Dr Pepper (not diet)
16 ounces Red Taco Sauce (this is usually in the Mexican Food section of the grocery store)
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cumin

Place roast in a crockpot and cover half way in water.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours.  Drain water and add the rest of the ingredients.  Cook on low another 4-6 hours.   Using two forks shred the meat and cook on low for 2 more hours. 
Serve with tortillas, chopped cilantro, diced sweet onion, cilantro cream sauce.  (I find our cilantro cream sauce in the refrigerated section of the produce department at our local grocery store, but I bet if you search online for a recipe you'd probably find one).  Also, I just give time ranges because it doesn't matter if you're exact with how long you cook it. 
Enjoy for a cheat meal : )

 I also got in a Crunch Pilates and Yoga Blend workout this afternoon (I am so sore from yesterday's workout that I could barely get through it) as well as 80 ounces of water.  Good day.  Good day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)