Sunday, July 10, 2011

Did I Make It? Plus Detox Thoughts

Today was the first day of my plan to stay on track while not being able to control what I have for dinner.  So, are you wondering how I did?  I know you are!  You're just about to pee your pants while you wait in anticipation aren't you!  Ha ha!  I won't make you wonder any more....YES!  I actually stuck to the plan and did really well.  I quite surprised myself honestly.  I really wasn't sure how it would go, but it was totally fine.  I think having the whole plan of action set up before hand really helped.
So, what did I have to eat?  For breakfast I had a half a cup of oatmeal with 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 1 table ground flax seed along with a half a cup of fresh blueberries (love me some blueberries!).  No coffee this morning either.  OH MY WORD!  Major caffeine withdrawal.  I decided to stop drinking the creamer I've been using because even though it's sugar free it still has a ton of other crap in it.  However today at the grocery store I saw an all natural creamer that's made from nonfat milk, cream, sugar and vanilla and it only has 35 calories.  SCORE!  Tomorrow I'll see how it taste : )

For lunch I had smoked salmon on a whole wheat tortilla with a baby greens mixture and light laughing cow spreadable cheese.  It's been a while since I had this and I had forgotten how much I love it.  I also had some yummy watermelon.

Then we headed out for dinner with our friends.  The couple who chose dinner tonight decided on a little Italian food place that I had never been to before.  It was pretty good.  I chose the 10 inch personal Margarita Pizza.  I ended up only eating half of it.  Okay seriously here, I could have eaten the whole thing.  However, one of the other girls in our group ordered the same thing and I sat across from her.  I watched to see how much she ate (she's super fit) and she only ate half so I stopped there too.  Peer pressure can be a good thing sometimes : )  Anyway, I'm glad I stopped at half because I don't feel one bit bad about what I ate. 
Overall it was a fantastic day.  I didn't get in as much water as I would have liked too (about 60 ounces), but that's still pretty good.  I also didn't exercise, but I never exercise on Sunday so no big deal.

Okay, so once this crazy week is over I'm thinking about doing a detox.  I love Tosca Reno.  Her books helped me lose 75 pounds the first time around.  I think she's super smart about health, food, fitness and all that other jazz.  I've been reading her blog and in one of the posts she talks about doing a detox.  Now most of the time I totally balk at anything detox related.  I mean I've got friends that do that crazy apple cider vinegar detox and swear by it, but I tried it once and seriously the drink about killed me.  I'll never do it again.  I just kind of see detox's as a quick way to lose weight, but you'll gain it all back the minute you start eating again.  However, because it's Tosca Reno talking about it I thought she might actually have some good insight into a real detox that's not crazy.  After listening to Tosca talk on her video about why she's doing it and how she's doing it I thought it made a lot of sense.  I think it could help get rid of a lot of the junk my body has stored up over the past few weeks of eating out on vacation and at home and I think it will just prepare my body for eating the right foods once I'm done with it.  So, my plan is to start the detox on Saturday and do it for a week.  Part of it is juicing vegetables, though and right now my juicer is broken.  So, if don't get it fixed or get a replacement this week then I may have to put it off a little bit.  I'll keep you updated and we'll see what happens.
What about any of my readers?  Have you ever done a detox?  If so, which one, was it successful and would you do it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please feel free to leave a comment (or 2:)